Monday 17 December 2012

Bar/Restaurant Lighting Idea - Very Cool!!

I've always been very interested in finding new ways to furnish Bars/Clubs/Restaurants etc. but it was actually tonight when watching Made in Chelsea that I saw something that has actually gave me a couple of ideas. Although I didn't catch the name of the place where I saw the lights I did get the jist of the theme. 

The design that I saw was in a wine tasting shop in London, and there was a very aesthetically pleasing lighting piece created using wine glasses. The glasses themselves were hung upside down with the bulbs in the heads of them. I have done a little bit of research on Pinterest and found a couple of products which follow the same basic theme which I think could also be used quite effectively.

These lights have been made of glass wine bottles that have been cut, polished, frosted, and reassembled. Jerry Kott has exhibited his work around the world and creates many interesting and beautiful pieces, in addition to his artistic and functional lamps.


A bad quality picture but I think this would look great (perhaps not in a night club) but maybe in a restaurant/deli kind of place. I really like the thought of 'mis-using' the wine glasses to create light features. One of my favorite ideas so far I think. Definitely 

This is a very simple idea, but I would love to use it in a brief to create a sort of replica of the 'Hogwarts Grand Hall' ceiling from Harry Potter. I could just imagine stepping into a bar and having all of these bottles filled with fairy lights hanging from the ceiling, and possible sticking out of walls etc. Very nice idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment