Friday 21 December 2012

LED Video Dress!

Ive been looking on Pinterest again at a couple of things and then I came across this which I thought was a very innovative idea!. Although I've seen similar products on the market before, I have never seen something quite like this particular product. The dresses (By Moritz Waldemeyer & Hussein Chalayan) are fitted with 15,000 LED lights, embedded into the material to mimic the silhouette of the person wearing the dress.

Although this isn's a fashion blog, I thought that these would work really well in a retain environment. People are always talking about how to draw customers in using sight-lines and advertising etc, but I know for a fact that these dresses would catch peoples eyes, and then customers would be drawn in to see them!

The LED dress by Hussein Chalayan 

Hussein Chalayan's video dress on display at the Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo

The video dress during a Paris fashion show

Photo featured in the New York Times 

No comments:

Post a Comment